Jump to Main Content
- Apostolidis, Apostolos; Moutou, Katerina; Stamatis, Costas; Mamuris, Zissis
- Biologia 2009 v.64 no.5 pp. 1005-1010
- design for environment, etc ; Mullus barbatus; Mullus surmuletus; Pagellus; allozymes; demersal fish; founder effect; genetic markers; genetic variation; heterozygosity; marine fish; mitochondrial DNA; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; restriction fragment length polymorphism; Greece; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In the present work we used three molecular techniques (allozymes, RAPDs and mtDNA RFLPs) in order to study the genetic structure of three commercial marine species (Mullus surmuletus, Mullus barbatus, and Pagellus erythrinus). Each species was sampled from three locations within the Gulf of Pagasitikos, Greece and from two neighbouring locations outside the Gulf (Trikeri and Alonissos). Values of ...
- Lee, Ju Hyung; Kim, Tae Won; Choe, Jae Chun
- Oecologia 2009 v.159 no.1 pp. 217-224
- design for environment, etc ; parasites; hosts; space and time; environmental factors; mutualism; mortality; exoskeleton; gills; crayfish; Annelida; commensalism; fouling; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... A growing body of evidence suggests that the costs and benefits involved in cleaning interactions can vary over space and time depending on the environmental conditions. However, whether the same cleaners actually induce variable net outcomes in terms of host fitness remains unclear to date. Branchiobdellid annelids are generally regarded as commensals or rarely parasites of their freshwater crayf ...