Jump to Main Content
- Alexander, Brenda M.; Singh, Priyanka; Austin, Kathy J.; Cockrum, Rebecca R.; Cammack, Kristi M.; Hess, Bret W.; Moss, Gary E.; Nathanielsz, Peter W.; Ford, Stephen P.
- Animal reproduction science 2009 v.116 no.1-2 pp. 58-64
- endocrine system; endocrine system physiology, etc ; dietary fat; hypothalamus; amygdala; males; gene expression; females; body fat; maternal effect; neurons; polymerase chain reaction; hormone receptors; pregnancy; fetus; testosterone; postnatal development; sheep; gender differences; progesterone; estrogens; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Sexual differentiation of the brain occurs between d 30 and 70 in the fetal lamb. The objective of this experiment was to determine if maternal fatness affects fetal steroid production and expression of their receptors which may ultimately alter endocrine systems postnatally. Fetuses were collected from ewes fed at either 100% (Control; n =5) or 150% (Fat; n =6) of NRC recommendations from 60 d pr ...
- PubMed Central:
- Clavenzani, P.; De Giorgio, R.; Mazzoni, M.; Chiocchetti, R.; Barbara, G.; Lalatta Costerbosa, G.; Russo, D.; Sternini, C.
- Veterinary research communications 2009 v.33 pp. 85-87
- endocrine system physiology, etc ; chemoreceptors; ion channels; gastrointestinal system; epithelial cells; tissue analysis; signal transduction; digestion; swine; epithelium; taste; Show all 11 Subjects
- PubMed Central:
- Mallard, B.A.; McBride, B.W.; Kehrli, M.E.; Coussens, P.M.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2009 v.128 no.1-3 pp. 96
- endocrine system physiology, etc ; dairy cows; immunity; immunogenetics; researchers; scientists; animal health; animal well-being; quantitative genetics; genomics; disease resistance; bovine mastitis; immune response; somatotropin; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The late Professor Jeanne Burton conducted research related to bovine immunophysiology and immunogenetics, with particular emphasis on the peripartum period when various production stressors are known to negatively impact immunity and alter gene expression patterns. She published over 60 manuscripts in a variety of highly reputable journals, was a sought after conference speaker and known worldwid ...