Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2009 v.27 no.3 pp. 243-249
- molecular cloning; genes; Musa; resistance mechanisms; cultivars; Fusarium oxysporum; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salicylic acid; transgenic plants; plant pathogenic fungi; leaves
- ... The nonexpresser of pathogenesis-related gene 1 (NPR1) plays a pivotal role in systemic acquired resistance in plants. In this study, a novel full-length NPR1-like gene, designated MdNPR1 (accession number FJ357442), was isolated by RACE-PCR from cv. Dongguan Dajiao (Musa spp. ABB), a local banana cultivar known to be resistant to Fusarium oxysporum fsp. cubense (FOC) race 4. Sequence alignment sh ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2009 v.97 no.3 pp. 313-321
- protoplasts; in vitro regeneration; hybrids; somatic hybridization; cytogenetic analysis; Musa acuminata; polyethylene glycol; disease resistance; aneuploidy; ultraviolet radiation; cell suspension culture; greenhouses
- ... To attempt to introduce genetic information of disease resistance from Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA) to Musa silk cv. Guoshanxiang (AAB) and obtain somatic hybrids, we developed an asymmetric protoplast fusion with 20% (w/v) polyethylene glycol (PEG). The protoplasts derived from embryogenic suspension cultural cells of cv. Guoshanxiang (AAB) and cv. Mas (AA) were, respectively treated with 1.5 mM i ...