Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, N.; Chen, J.Y.; Parikh, D.V.
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.24 pp. 6533
- fiberglass, etc ; nonwoven fabrics; cotton; lint cotton; activated carbon; biodegradable products; tensile strength; acoustic properties; sounds; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... An activated carbon fiber nonwoven (ACF) was manufactured from a cotton nonwoven fabric. For the ACF acoustic application, a nonwoven composite of ACF with cotton nonwoven as a base layer was developed. Also produced were the composites of the cotton nonwoven base layer with a layer of glassfiber nonwoven, and the cotton nonwoven base layer with a layer of cotton fiber nonwoven. Their noise absorp ...
- Sealey, Wendy M.; Barrows, Frederic T.; Casten, Mike; Hardy, Ronald W.
- North American Journal of Aquaculture 2009 v.71 pp. 320
- fiberglass, etc ; Characidae; animal growth; animal proteins; animal source protein; aquarium fish; aquariums; crude protein; experimental diets; feed conversion; feed formulation; fish feeding; fish feeds; fish meal; ingredients; nutrient requirements; nutrition assessment; ornamental fish; palatability; plant products; plant proteins; plant source protein; protein sources; survival rate; tanks; weight gain; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Nutritional studies for aquarium fishes like the neon tetra Paracheirodon innesi are sparse in comparison with those for food fish. To determine the optimum dietary protein level and source for growth of neon tetras, diets were formulated to contain 25, 35, 45, and 55% dietary protein from either marine animal protein or plant protein sources in a 432 factorial treatment design. Neon tetras (initi ...