Jump to Main Content
- Blaga, R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2009 v.159 no.3-4 pp. 290-294
- trichinosis; disease reservoirs; Trichinella; Ursidae; geographical distribution; zoonoses; history; game animals; meat inspection; food animals; disease prevalence; geographical variation; animal parasitic nematodes; swine; wild boars; social environment; disease incidence; Romania
- ... Previous studies in southeastern Europe reported a high incidence of human trichinellosis and a high prevalence of Trichinella infection in animals in countries like Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Serbia. The aim of this study was, using routine Trichinella test data in pig and game animals, to investigate the extent of Trichinella infection in slaughtered animals in Romania, over the period of 19 ...
- Blaga, R., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2009 v.159 no.3-4 pp. 214-217
- interspecific variation; mitochondrial DNA; ribosomal DNA; polymerase chain reaction; Trichinella spiralis; animal parasitic nematodes; nucleotide sequences; genetic variation; pest identification; China
- ... Two species of Trichinella were identified from China by means of PCR amplification of the mitochondrial small subunit ribosomal DNA and the expansion segment V region of the ribosomal DNA. Seven isolates originating from domestic pig and one isolate originating from dog showed identical DNA banding pattern to Trichinella spiralis, and two isolates from dog showed DNA banding pattern identical to ...