Jump to Main Content
- Haller, William T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Weed science 2009 v.57 no.5 pp. 482-488
- Hydrilla verticillata; aquatic weeds; noxious weeds; fluridone; herbicide-resistant weeds; cross resistance; weed control; topramezone; norflurazon; mesotrione; beta-carotene; chlorophyll; biotypes; plant pigments; chemical constituents of plants; application rate
- ... The development of fluridone resistance by hydrilla has significantly impacted hydrilla management, and research is ongoing to develop alternate herbicides for effective hydrilla control. We determined the potential cross-resistance in fluridone-resistant hydrilla to other bleaching herbicides norflurazon, mesotrione, and topramezone-methyl. Phytoene, ββ-carotene, and chlorophyll contents as a fun ...
- Haller, William T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Invasive plant science and management 2009 v.2 no.4 pp. 352-359
- Cabomba; submerged aquatic plants; aquatic weeds; herbicides; herbicide-resistant weeds; invasive species; phenotype; color; biotypes; photosynthesis; application rate
- ... Cabomba is a submersed aquatic plant native to the southeastern United States that is commonly sold worldwide through the aquarium trade. While infrequently managed in its native range, cabomba has recently been reported as invasive and tolerant to management efforts in the northern areas of the United States and in other countries. Invasive populations of cabomba are characterized by a phenotype ...