Jump to Main Content
- Kulkarni, Ram S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2009 v.114 no.1 pp. 363-372
- terpenoids; cultivars; Mangifera indica; food analysis; mangoes; fruit quality; flavor; fruit composition; odor compounds; multivariate analysis; India
- ... Aroma volatiles of mango (Mangifera indica L.) determine consumer acceptability and influence selection, whilst breeding. To assess their variety, composition and possible impact on cultivar relationships, volatile blends of 22 Indian and five non-Indian cultivars were investigated using solvent extraction and gas chromatography. Totally 84 volatiles belonging to various chemical classes were dete ...
- Kulkarni, Ram S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2009 v.89 no.12 pp. 2071-2081
- temporal variation; volatile compounds; Mangifera indica; cultivars; sesquiterpenoids; lactones; quantitative analysis; monoterpenoids; mangoes; alcohols; flowers; aldehydes; ripening; fruit composition; fruit crops; fruiting; leaves
- ... BACKGROUND: Volatile blends of five developing and five ripening stages of mango (Mangifera indica L. cv. Alphonso) were investigated along with those of flowers and leaves. Raw and ripe fruits of cv. Sabja were also used for comparison.RESULTS: A total of 55 volatiles belonging to various chemical classes such as aldehydes, alcohols, mono- and sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, lactones and furanones we ...