Jump to Main Content
- Panas, Panayiotis, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.20 pp. 4854-4862
- molasses; alcoholic fermentation; batch fermentation; ethanol production; grapes; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; thermophilic fungi; yeasts; immobilized cells; internal transcribed spacers; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; mitochondrial DNA; volatile organic compounds; Greece
- ... Molasses fermentation performance by both a cryotolerant and a thermophilic yeast (strain AXAZ-1) isolated from grapes in Greece was evaluated in an extremely wide temperature range (3-40°C). Sequence analysis of the 5.8S internal transcribed spacer and the D1/D2 ribosomal DNA (rDNA) regions assigned isolate to Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Restriction fragment length polymorphism of the mitochondrial ...
- Panas, Panayiotis, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.14 pp. 3618-3624
- starter cultures; acetic acid bacteria; hard cheeses; lactic acid bacteria; cheese ripening; raw materials; food quality; whey; food preservation; physicochemical properties; water content; flavor; kefir; odors; lactic fermentation
- ... In an attempt to seek for suitable dried cultures, thermally-dried kefir was employed as starter in hard-type cheese production and tested in cheeses ripened at 5, 18 and 22°C. Both free and immobilised on casein kefir cells were used and compared to cheese made without starter culture. Cheese products made with free cells of kefir culture were characterized by longer preservation time, improved a ...