Jump to Main Content
- Takeda, Tsuyoshi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nutrition research 2009 v.29 no.4 pp. 221-228
- menopause; women; bone fractures; risk reduction; vitamin supplements; vitamin K; megadose; bone density; bone mineralization
- ... Although systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) have concluded that vitamin K is effective in preventing fractures, the effect of vitamin K on the skeleton remains a matter of controversy. The objective of the present review of the literature was to evaluate the effect of vitamin K supplementation on the skeleton of postmenopausal women. PubMed was used to searc ...
- Takeda, Tsuyoshi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Planta 2009 v.230 no.1 pp. 215-225
- Hevea brasiliensis; bark; biosynthesis; confocal scanning laser microscopy; developmental stages; image analysis; immunohistochemistry; metabolites; monitoring; proteins; rubber; sieve tubes
- ... In Hevea brasiliensis, laticifers produce and accumulate rubber particles. Despite observation using histochemical methods, development stage structure and structures with ceasing functions have rarely been described. Spectral confocal laser scanning microscopy with Nile red staining simplifies laticifer structure observation in tangential sections while enhancing the resolution. Laticifer and ray ...