Jump to Main Content
- Jaradat, Abdullah A.; Rinke, Jana L.
- Euphytica 2008 v.161 no.3 pp. 447-459
- weight; flowering; seeds; fruit set; agronomic traits; crop yield; seed productivity; Cuphea; dimensions; Minnesota
- ... We modeled the flowering and capsule set dynamics, quantified the level of variation in seed characteristics, elucidated the inter-relationships between seed and capsule physical dimensions, and quantified their impact on single seed weight in the cuphea germplasm line PSR23. Temporal patterns of flowering and capsule set were largely time-dependent and highly auto-correlated, with significant aut ...
- Zheng, Yan-Ling; Sun, Wei-Bang
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 231-238
- temporal variation; Fagaceae; weight; seed germination; endangered species; germplasm; seeds; fruit set; seed abortion; plant genetic resources; plant morphology; dimensions
- ... Trigonobalanus doichangensis is recognized as a rare and endangered plant of China. The morphological and physiological traits of fruits were investigated in one population over 2 years (2006-2007) and in four populations during 2007 in order to facilitate ex-situ conservation and eventual reforestation through planting of propagules. The results indicated that morphological traits including fruit ...