Jump to Main Content
- HOLLEY, M.H.; MACEINA, M.J.; THOMÉ-SOUZA, M.; FORSBERG, B.R.
- Fisheries management and ecology 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 93-98
- animal age; bass; body length; dry season; fisheries; freshwater fish; longevity; mortality; peafowl; population size; rivers; simulation models; sport fishing; sports; Brazil
- ... The middle portion of the Rio Negro River in Brazil near the equator supports a popular recreational sport fishery for speckled peacock bass, Cichla temensis (Humboldt). The objective of this study was to determine the effect of fishing mortality on this population. Fish were collected from sport-fishing (n = 72) and commercial (n = 103) catches and otoliths were aged to estimate longevity, growth ...
- MAHABUB-UZ-ZAMAN, MD.; SARKER, SATYA RANJAN; SHAHDAT HOSSAIN, MD.
- Journal of food lipids 2008 v.15 no.2 pp. 198-208
- Puntius; aquatic ecosystems; arachidonic acid; cardiovascular diseases; cholesterol; developing countries; docosahexaenoic acid; docosapentaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fatty acid composition; freshwater; freshwater fish; homeostasis; humans; industrial effluents; industrialization; linolenic acid; lipid peroxidation; markets; neoplasms; oxidative stress; peroxides; phospholipids; risk; rivers; stearic acid; tissues
- ... The effect of industrial effluent on the oxidative stress of Puntius sophore (punti fish) tissue was investigated. Oxidative stress was determined by measuring lipid peroxide (LPO) and fatty acid profile as bioindicators. Punti fishes were collected from a river where textile mill effluent is discharged, as well as from fresh water as controls. Homogenized tissues were used for LPO, fatty acid, to ...