Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Wei; Liu, Kui; Wang, Xue-De
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 283-291
- heterosis; plant growth; hybrids; lint cotton; Gossypium hirsutum; leaf area index; fiber quality; crop yield; agronomic traits; photosynthesis; plant morphology; leaves
- ... Leaf shape is an important factor affecting canopy structure, photosynthetic characteristics, and yield. Introducing okra leaf shape is considered an important strategy in cotton heterosis breeding. The objective of the study was to evaluate the heterosis in okra leaf cotton hybrid F₁s, which were developed by crossing two sterile near isolines and three restorer near isolines. A normal leaf check ...
- Abubakar, Lawali; Ado, Shehu G.
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 63-74
- cultivars; heterosis; Allium cepa; fungal diseases of plants; early development; Alternaria porri; crossing; maturity stage; crop yield; onions; disease resistance; bulbs; agronomic traits; leaf development; Nigeria
- ... Five open pollinated onion cultivars Red Creole, Kaharda, Koumassa, Sokoto local and Ori were crossed in a complete diallel and their progenies were evaluated in replicated trials, at Sokoto and Talata Mafara, Nigeria, during the 2004/2005 and 2005/2006 seasons. The experiments were randomised as complete block design with three replications. 30 mls of 10⁻¹ cfu of spore suspension of Alternaria po ...