Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Alwala, Sreedhar; Kimbeng, Collins A.; Veremis, John C.; Gravois, Kenneth A.
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 37
- Saccharum officinarum; Saccharum spontaneum; sugarcane; chromosome mapping; genetic markers; amplified fragment length polymorphism; inheritance (genetics); gene segregation; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; segregation distortion; genome; linkage groups; genetic recombination; chromosome pairing
- ... Framework genetic linkage maps of two progenitor species of cultivated sugarcane, Saccharum officinarum 'La Striped' (2n = 80) and S. spontaneum 'SES 147B' (2n = 64) were constructed using amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP), sequence related amplified polymorphism (SRAP), and target region amplification polymorphism (TRAP) markers. The mapping population was comprised of 100 F₁ progeny ...