Jump to Main Content
- Dashevskaya, Svetlana; Kopito, Ronen Benjamine; Friedman, Ran; Elbaum, Michael; Epel, Bernard L.
- Protoplasma 2008 v.234 no.1-4 pp. 13-23
- Nicotiana benthamiana; RNA; electrochemistry; green fluorescent protein; metabolites; models; plasmodesmata
- ... Plasmodesmata (Pd) are trans-wall membrane channels that permit cell-to-cell transport of metabolites and other small molecules, proteins, RNAs, and signaling molecules. The transport of cytoplasmic soluble macromolecules is a function of the electrochemical gradient between adjacent cells, the number of Pd per interface between adjacent cells, Stokes radius (RS), area of the cytoplasmic annulus, ...
- Kang, Byung-Ho; Staehelin, L. Andrew
- Protoplasma 2008 v.234 no.1-4 pp. 51-64
- Arabidopsis thaliana; endoplasmic reticulum; green fluorescent protein; image analysis; microfilaments; root meristems; tomography
- ... Plant Golgi stacks are mobile organelles that can travel along actin filaments. How COPII (coat complex II) vesicles are transferred from endoplasmic reticulum (ER) export sites to the moving Golgi stacks is not understood. We have examined COPII vesicle transfer in high-pressure frozen/freeze-substituted plant cells by electron tomography. Formation of each COPII vesicle is accompanied by the ass ...