Jump to Main Content
- Munari, Cristina; Mistri, Michele
- Journal of biogeography 2008 v.35 no.9 pp. 1622-1637
- fauna; Crustacea; ecoregions; linear models; benthic organisms; data collection; Mollusca; habitats; regression analysis; latitude; species diversity; Annelida; climatic factors; biogeography; macroinvertebrates
- ... For conservation purposes, it is important to understand the forces that shape biodiversity in transitional waters (TWs) and to evaluate the effects of small-scale latitudinal changes. To this end, we analysed data on soft-sediment macroinvertebrates from nine Italian TWs in order to (1) investigate the structure and distribution of the benthic fauna and their relationships with environmental and ...
- Wanninger, A.
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2008 v.59 no.0 pp. 127-136
- Annelida; Bryozoa; Mollusca; adults; larvae; metamorphosis; molluscs; monophyly; nerve tissue; neurodevelopment; neurogenesis; neurophysiology; ontogeny; ventral nerve cord
- ... Recently, a number of neurodevelopmental studies of hitherto neglected taxa have become available, contributing to questions relating to the evolution of the nervous system of Lophotrochozoa (Spiralia + Lophophorata). As an example, neurogenesis of echiurans showed that these worm-shaped spiralians, which as adults do not exhibit any signs of segmentation, do show such traits during ontogeny, e.g. ...