Jump to Main Content
- Marhoul, Pavel, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal für Ornithologie 2008 v.149 no.3 pp. 329-335
- Perdix perdix; breeding; carrying capacity; dispersal behavior; females; habitat destruction; habitats; landscapes; males; partridges; spring; Czech Republic
- ... The Grey Partridge Perdix perdix is a sedentary species with a surplus of males in spring populations. It experienced a dramatic decline in Europe primarily due to habitat loss that may have forced the species to modify its dispersal behaviour, a less transparent source of populations threats. We analysed the dispersal patterns of Grey Partridges during pre- and post-breeding periods in two landsc ...
- Marhoul, Pavel, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of insect conservation 2008 v.12 no.5 pp. 549-560
- Carex; Nymphalidae; adults; biomass; butterflies; canopy; coppicing; demography; flora; grasses; grazing; ground vegetation; habitat preferences; historic sites; host plants; larvae; males; mowing; shrubs; soil; trees; woodlands; Czech Republic
- ... The distribution of Lopinga achine (Lepidoptera Nymphalidae, Satyrinae) in the Czech Republic has declined from thirty grid squares before 1950 to just one extant population, restricted to a single area of deciduous woodland. A review of historical sites shows that this species used to occur in various types of deciduous woodland with a relatively sparse canopy maintained by coppicing and/or grazi ...