Jump to Main Content
- Jong, Yuh-Jyh, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2008 v.29 no.13 pp. 2904-2911
- DNA; capillary electrophoresis; composite polymers; gel electrophoresis; genes; genotyping; high performance liquid chromatography; muscular atrophy; parents; patients; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis
- ... We present the first CE method for the separation and quantification of SMN1 and SMN2 genes. Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an inherited neuromuscular disorder deleted or mutated in SMN1 gene and retained at least one copy of SMN2 gene. However, these two genes are highly homologous, differentiation and quantification of SMN1 and SMN2 are therefore required in diagnosis to identify SMA patients ...
- Jong, Yuh-Jyh, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2008 v.29 no.3 pp. 634-640
- DNA; DNA repair; cellulose; colorectal neoplasms; electrophoresis; genes; genotype; humans; nucleotides; patients; polymerase chain reaction; promoter regions; screening; sequence analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; solvents; temperature; urea; volunteers
- ... CE allows for highly reproducible analysis of DNA fragments which can be used to detect DNA mutations including SNPs. We have utilized a simple and direct CE analysis method for SNP analysis called conformation-sensitive CE (CSCE), based on the principle of single nucleotide different to produce conformational changes in the mildly denaturing solvent system. This method was applied to analysis of ...