Jump to Main Content
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2008 v.122 no.2 pp. 315-319
- DNA primers; Phaseolus vulgaris; Uromyces appendiculatus; cultivars; disease resistance; genes; genetic markers; monitoring; pathogens; pathotypes; pinto beans; polymerase chain reaction; population genetics; virulence; Colorado; Nebraska
- ... Corresponding molecular markers associated with avirulence or virulence genes in the bean rust pathogen are currently unknown, although host resistance genes have been linked to molecular markers in bean. The changing virulence patterns in pathotypes of Uromyces appendiculatus collected over a 14-year period after the release of the Ur-6 resistance gene on the USA high plains were therefore analyz ...
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Crop science 2008 v.48 no.4 pp. 1560-1568
- Zea mays; corn; Sorghum bicolor; grain sorghum; grain yield; genetic improvement; plant breeding; dryland farming; irrigated farming; soil water retention; water holding capacity; seed set; weight; yield components; Nebraska
- ... In the United States, much grain sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] production area has shifted to maize (Zea mays L.) during the last 25 yr, which has been partially due to grain yield differences between these crops. The objective of this study was to document the rate of grain yield increases for maize and sorghum hybrids from 1950 to 1999 in rainfed and irrigated environments in eastern Neb ...