Jump to Main Content
- Currie, Jaime L.; Woo, Patrick T. K.
- Environmental biology of fishes 2008 v.83 no.3 pp. 355-365
- Cryptobia, etc ; Oncorhynchus mykiss; eggs; females; males; milt; progeny; sexual maturity; spawning; sperm concentration; spermatozoa; trout; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Sexually matured rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, were experimentally infected with the pathogenic Cryptobia salmositica. Spawning female trout were more susceptible to cryptobiosis than sexually mature males. Most infected females (seven of nine) with eggs died before or shortly after spawning while all (nine) infected males survived the disease. Also, none of the uninfected females died. Male ...
- Tan, Chung-Wei; Jesudhasan, Palmy; Woo, Patrick T. K.
- Parasitology research 2008 v.102 no.2 pp. 265-275
- Cryptobia, etc ; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Salmo salar; blood; cysteine proteinases; fish; genes; hematocrit; metalloproteinases; parasitemia; pathogens; plasmid vectors; plasmids; recombinant vaccines; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Cysteine protease is a metabolic enzyme, whereas metalloprotease is the virulent factor in cryptobiosis caused by Cryptobia salmositica. Recombinant DNA vaccines were produced with the insertion of either the metalloprotease or cysteine protease gene of C. salmositica into plasmid vectors (pEGFP-N). As expected, fishes (Oncorhynchus mykiss and Salmo salar) injected intramuscularly with the metallo ...
- Nourollahi-Fard, Saeid Reza
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2008 v.56 no.2 pp. 197-206
- Cryptobia, etc ; Aeromonas salmonicida; Oncorhynchus mykiss; anemia; antibody formation; body weight; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; food deprivation; neutrophils; nitroblue tetrazolium; parasitemia; parasites; satiety; vaccination; vaccines; virulence; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aims of the present study were to determine (a) the effectiveness of an attenuated live Cryptobia salmositica vaccine; (b) the effects of food deprivation on the immune response and its duration in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) immunised with a live C. salmositica vaccine or with a killed Aeromonas salmonicida vaccine. The fish were divided into three groups ( ...