Jump to Main Content
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...
- Kittirattanapiboon, Kanisa; Krisnangkura, Kanit
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2008 v.110 no.5 pp. 422-427
- acetone; acetic acid; acetates; detection limit; vegetable oil; diacylglycerols; free fatty acids; methylene chloride; monoacylglycerols; triacylglycerols; solutes; gel chromatography; animal fats and oils; biodiesel; toluene; molecular weight
- ... Size-exclusion chromatography separates solutes according to their molecular sizes. Free fatty acids (FFA), fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) and monoacylglycerols (MG) of vegetable oils or animal fats have very close molecular sizes and they cannot be baseline-separated on a single Phenogel column (100 Å, 300 mm x 7.8 mm ID, 5 μm) by using tetrahydrofuran (THF) as the mobile phase. When toluene is ...