Jump to Main Content
- Johnston Molloy, C.; Gandy, J.; Cunningham, C.; Glennon Slattery, C.
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2008 v.21 no.5 pp. 512-515
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; elementary students; dehydration (animal physiology); drinking water; drinking; teachers; elementary schools; health promotion; attitudes and opinions; Ireland; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Inadequate hydration has been linked to many factors that may impact on children's education and health. Teachers play an important role in the education and behaviour of children. Previous research has demonstrated low water intake amongst children and negative teachers' attitudes to water in the classroom. The present study aimed to explore teachers' knowledge about water and the perceived barri ...
- Lumeng, Julie C.; Kaplan-Sanoff, Margot; Shuman, Steve; Kannan, Srimathi
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2008 v.40 no.4 pp. 237-243
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; teachers; hunger; attitudes and opinions; poverty; children; food security; obesity; food choices; child nutrition; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Objective: To describe Head Start teachers' perceptions of mealtime, feeding, and overweight risk in Head Start students. Design: Qualitative focus group study. Setting: Five Head Starts in a greater metropolitan area in the Northeast. Participants: Thirty-five teachers in 5 focus groups. Intervention: Two experienced focus group facilitators elicited comments from each group. Main Outcome Measure ...