Jump to Main Content
- Lumeng, Julie C.; Kaplan-Sanoff, Margot; Shuman, Steve; Kannan, Srimathi
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2008 v.40 no.4 pp. 237-243
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; teachers; hunger; attitudes and opinions; poverty; children; food security; obesity; food choices; child nutrition; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Objective: To describe Head Start teachers' perceptions of mealtime, feeding, and overweight risk in Head Start students. Design: Qualitative focus group study. Setting: Five Head Starts in a greater metropolitan area in the Northeast. Participants: Thirty-five teachers in 5 focus groups. Intervention: Two experienced focus group facilitators elicited comments from each group. Main Outcome Measure ...
- Bere, E.; Brug, J.; Klepp, K.I.
- Public health nutrition 2008 v.11 no.3 pp. 321-325
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; simulation models; schools; girls; elementary students; high school students; gender differences; food availability; adolescent nutrition; food and nutrition programs; adolescents; food choices; vegetables; middle school students; boys; food frequency questionnaires; food consumption; child nutrition; Norway; Show all 19 Subjects
- Pérez-Lizaur, A.B.; Kaufer-Horwitz, M.; Plazas, M.
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2008 v.21 no.1 pp. 63-71
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; food intake; self-efficacy; questionnaires; urban areas; environmental factors; children; socioeconomic status; low income households; food choices; vegetables; family relations; child nutrition; Mexico; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Epidemiological evidence suggests that populations with high fruit and vegetable (FV) consumption have a lower risk for childhood obesity, cancer and cardiovascular diseases. There are no studies that address the correlates of FV intake in Mexican children; therefore, the aim of this study was to identify the frequency of FV consumption by children in Mexico City's low income state schools and the ...