Jump to Main Content
- Reinbothe, Christiane, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEBS journal 2008 v.275 no.10 pp. 2428-2441
- Arabidopsis thaliana; allene; biosynthesis; bound water; chloroplasts; green fluorescent protein; isozymes; jasmonic acid; metabolites; models; oxylipins; plant development; site-directed mutagenesis
- ... Jasmonates are derived from oxygenated fatty acids (oxylipins) via the octadecanoid pathway and are characterized by a pentacyclic ring structure. They have regulatory functions as signaling molecules in plant development and adaptation to environmental stress. Recently, we solved the structure of allene oxide cyclase 2 (AOC2) of Arabidopsis thaliana, which is, together with the other three AOCs, ...
- Reinbothe, Christiane, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.12 pp. 4933-4938
- Hordeum vulgare; barley; chloroplasts; cell membranes; plant proteins; protein transport; chlorophyll; metabolism; oxidative stress
- ... Thioredoxins (Trxs) are ubiquitous small proteins with a redox-active disulfide bridge. In their reduced form, they constitute very efficient protein disulfide oxidoreductases. In chloroplasts, two types of Trxs (f and m) coexist and play central roles in the regulation of the Calvin cycle and other processes. Here, we identified a class of Trx targets in the inner plastid envelope membrane of chl ...
- PubMed Central: