Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2008 v.88 no.8 pp. 1431-1441
- dairy cows; fatty acid composition; milk composition; alpha-tocopherol; milk quality; milk production; seasonal variation; monounsaturated fatty acids; carotenoids; low input agriculture; saturated fatty acids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; conjugated linoleic acid; organic foods; organic production; antioxidants; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: Previous studies showed differences in fatty acid (FA) and antioxidant profiles between organic and conventional milk. However, they did not (a) investigate seasonal differences, (b) include non-organic, low-input systems or (c) compare individual carotenoids, stereoisomers of α-tocopherol or isomers of conjugated linoleic acid. This survey-based study compares milk from three producti ...
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy research 2008 v.75 no.3 pp. 326-334
- dairy cows; cow feeding; copper; zinc; lactalbumin; kinetics; selenium; whey; lactoglobulins; milk; selenites; blood plasma; dietary supplements; mineral content
- ... The effect of selenium supplementation of feed on the Se content in bovine milk, whey and plasma, and on the distribution of Se, Zn and Cu in whey and plasma was investigated. In a cross-over study two groups of cows were given a basal feed with 0·16 ppm selenite (approx. 3 mg Se/d) with or without 25 mg yeast Se/d for 2 weeks. In the supplemented group the Se content increased 10-fold in milk, 10 ...