Jump to Main Content
- McIvor, I. R.; Douglas, G. B.; Hurst, S. E.; Hussain, Z.; Foote, A. G.
- Agroforestry systems 2008 v.72 no.1 pp. 75-86
- soil stabilization, etc ; Populus deltoides; Populus nigra; hybrids; root systems; root growth; spatial distribution; tree age; hills; soil erosion; erosion control; trees; New Zealand; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In New Zealand poplars are commonly planted on moist, unstable pastoral hill country to prevent or reduce soil erosion, thereby maintaining hillslope integrity and pasture production. Mechanical reinforcement by poplar root systems aids slope stabilisation. Root mass and distribution were determined for three Populus deltoides x nigra 'Veronese' trees aged 5, 7 and 9.5 year planted as 3 m poles at ...
- Shields, F.D. Jr.
- Journal of soil and water conservation 2008 v.63 no.2 pp. 59
- soil stabilization, etc ; water erosion; erosion control; sediment yield; streams; watersheds; watershed hydrology; governmental programs and projects; Mississippi; Show all 9 Subjects
Under legislation passed in 1984, three federal agencies constructed more than $300 million worth of channel erosion control measures in 16 watersheds in northern Mississippi between 1985 and 2003. Most work was completed between 1985 and 1995 and was confined to six larger watersheds. Flows of water and suspended sediment emanating from these watersheds were measured from 1986 until 1997 and for ...