Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Wu, Zhengdao; Soliman, Khairy M.; Bolton, James J.; Saha, Sukumar; Jenkins, Johnie N.
- Functional & integrative genomics 2008 v.8 no.2 pp. 165
- Gossypium barbadense; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; plant fibers; plant development; substitution lines; hybrids; gene expression; messenger RNA; microarray technology; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; nucleic acid hybridization; cDNA libraries
- ... One of the impediments in the genetic improvement of cotton fiber is the paucity of information about genes associated with fiber development. Availability of chromosome arm substitution line CS-B22sh (chromosome 22 short arm substitution from 3-79 (Gossypium barbadense) into a TM-1 (Gossypium hirsutum) background) provides a novel opportunity to study fiber-associated genes because previous studi ...