Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Zhang, Yanxin; Lin, Zhongxu; Xia, Qizhong; Zhang, Mingju; Zhang, Xianlong
- Genome = 2008 v.51 no.7 pp. 534-546
- Gossypium hirsutum; Gossypium barbadense; cotton; interspecific hybridization; backcrossing; hybrids; chromosome mapping; microsatellite repeats; genetic markers; linkage groups; expressed sequence tags
- ... In the past decade, several molecular maps of cotton have been constructed using diverse DNA molecular markers and mapping populations. In this study, an interspecific linkage map of allotetraploid cotton was developed using a BC1 population ((Gossypium hirsutum x G. barbadense) x G. hirsutum). This map was genome-wide and was based entirely on simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers. Forty-four link ...
- Wu, Zhengdao; Soliman, Khairy M.; Bolton, James J.; Saha, Sukumar; Jenkins, Johnie N.
- Functional & integrative genomics 2008 v.8 no.2 pp. 165
- Gossypium barbadense; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; plant fibers; plant development; substitution lines; hybrids; gene expression; messenger RNA; microarray technology; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; nucleic acid hybridization; cDNA libraries
- ... One of the impediments in the genetic improvement of cotton fiber is the paucity of information about genes associated with fiber development. Availability of chromosome arm substitution line CS-B22sh (chromosome 22 short arm substitution from 3-79 (Gossypium barbadense) into a TM-1 (Gossypium hirsutum) background) provides a novel opportunity to study fiber-associated genes because previous studi ...