Jump to Main Content
- Liu, M.; Dai, Y.; Li, Y.; Luo, Y.; Huang, F.; Gong, Z.; Meng, Q.
- Planta medica 2008 v.74 no.8 pp. 809-815
- Centella asiatica; medicinal plants; Oriental traditional medicine; triterpenoids; phytochemicals; burns (injuries); tissue repair; antioxidant activity; animal disease models; epithelial cells; fibroblasts; cell differentiation; collagen; angiogenesis
- James, Jacinda T.; Meyer, Riaan; Dubery, Ian A.
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2008 v.94 no.1 pp. 91-99
- Centella asiatica; medicinal plants; medicinal properties; phenotype; triterpenoid saponins; phytochemicals; callus; cell suspension culture; leaves; plant morphology; high performance liquid chromatography; plant extracts; quantitative analysis; cell differentiation; secondary metabolites; Southern Africa
- ... Two morphologically distinct phenotypes of Centella asiatica (Type-1 and Type-2) in South Africa were compared in relation to the levels of triterpenoid saponins with the aim of assessing their potential for biotechnological manipulation of triterpenoid synthesis. The metabolites investigated included madecassoside and asiaticoside and their sapogenins madecassic--and asiatic acid; produced in cul ...