Jump to Main Content
- Akhtar, K.P.; Jamil, F.F.; Haq, M.A.; Khan, I.A.
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2008 v.156 no.6 pp. 352-357
- Aleyrodidae; Gossypium hirsutum; breeding lines; cotton; disease severity; genotype; greenhouses; leaf curling; plant morphology
- ... Twenty-four cotton varieties and advance breeding lines were evaluated for their resistance to cotton leaf curl disease (CLCuD; Multan/Burewala) under natural field and in glasshouse conditions for two consecutive years. Resistance was based on symptom expression and disease severity index. All the cotton genotypes exposed to the vector whitefly in the field and artificially infected by grafting m ...
- Zhu, Wei; Liu, Kui; Wang, Xue-De
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 283-291
- heterosis; plant growth; hybrids; lint cotton; Gossypium hirsutum; leaf area index; fiber quality; crop yield; agronomic traits; photosynthesis; plant morphology; leaves
- ... Leaf shape is an important factor affecting canopy structure, photosynthetic characteristics, and yield. Introducing okra leaf shape is considered an important strategy in cotton heterosis breeding. The objective of the study was to evaluate the heterosis in okra leaf cotton hybrid F₁s, which were developed by crossing two sterile near isolines and three restorer near isolines. A normal leaf check ...