Jump to Main Content
- Akhtar, K.P.; Jamil, F.F.; Haq, M.A.; Khan, I.A.
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2008 v.156 no.6 pp. 352-357
- Aleyrodidae; Gossypium hirsutum; breeding lines; cotton; disease severity; genotype; greenhouses; leaf curling; plant morphology
- ... Twenty-four cotton varieties and advance breeding lines were evaluated for their resistance to cotton leaf curl disease (CLCuD; Multan/Burewala) under natural field and in glasshouse conditions for two consecutive years. Resistance was based on symptom expression and disease severity index. All the cotton genotypes exposed to the vector whitefly in the field and artificially infected by grafting m ...
- Yue, B.; Cai, X.; Yuan, W.; Vick, B.A.; Hu, J.
- Proceedings / Sunflower research workshop 2008 no.30
- confectionery industry; Helianthus annuus; quantitative trait loci; plant morphology; seeds; chromosome mapping; linkage (genetics); genetic polymorphism; phenotype; plant breeding; crossing; breeding lines
- ... This paper reports the results of analyzing the quantitative trait loci (QTL) underlying sunflower seed morphological traits in a segregating population derived from an oilseed by confection cross. A linkage map containing 165 target region amplification polymorphism (TRAP) and 44 simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers was constructed from 120 F2 plants. This map contained 17 linkage groups and span ...
- Mou, Beiquan; Koike, Steven T.; Du Toit, Lindsey J.
- HortScience 2008 v.43 no.6 pp. 1706
- Spinacia oleracea; spinach; plant genetic resources; germplasm; germplasm screening; Stemphylium; plant pathogenic fungi; fungal diseases of plants; disease resistance; genetic resistance; leaf spotting; cultivars; genotype; disease incidence; disease severity; plant morphology; breeding lines; Cladosporium; United States
- ... The entire U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.) germplasm collection (338 accessions) and 22 commercial cultivars were evaluated for resistance to leaf spot caused by Stemphylium botryosum in a greenhouse trial with two replications in 2004. The resistant and susceptible accessions identified as well as the 22 commercial cultivars were included in a second test in 2 ...