Jump to Main Content
- Hall, Peter; Maiti, Tapabrata
- Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 2008 v.70 no.4 pp. 725-738
- normal distribution, etc ; Poisson distribution; binomial distribution; models; prediction; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Data in the form of pairs (X,Y), where the response Y is a count, arise in many applications, including problems involving stratified or two-stage sampling. Such data are often analysed by using random-effects models, where the distribution of Y, conditional on X and on an unobserved random parameter Θ, is taken to be either binomial or Poisson, and the distribution of Θ is connected through a lin ...
- Bergslien, Elisa; Fountain, John
- Hydrogeology journal 2008 v.16 no.1 pp. 43
- normal distribution, etc ; dolomitic limestone; epoxides; hydrogeology; lognormal distribution; models; prediction; tracer techniques; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Epoxy casts were created of five naturally occurring fractures in dolostone and aperture distribution was measured using a light attenuation method. The optically determined aperture matrices showed a skew towards smaller apertures, with the larger models demonstrating a lognormal distribution and the smaller models a normal distribution. Surface variograms of each display a significant degree of ...