Jump to Main Content
- Virolainen, Nina E.; Pikkemaat, Mariel G.; Elferink, J.W. Alexander; Karp, Matti T.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2008 v.56 no.23 pp. 11065-11070
- recombinant DNA, etc ; tetracycline; chicken meat; food contamination; luciferase; rapid methods; doxycycline; antibiotic residues; bioluminescence; reporter genes; chlortetracycline; oxytetracycline; promoter regions; biosensors; Escherichia coli; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Tetracycline (TC) specific luminescent bacterial biosensors were used in a rapid TC residue assay sensitized to meet the EU maximum residue limit (MRL) for TC residues in poultry muscle tissue (100 μg kg-1) by membrane-permeabilizing and chelating agents polymyxin B and EDTA. Sensitivities of 5 ng g-1 for doxycycline, 7.5 ng g-1 for chlortetracycline, and 25 ng g-1 for tetracycline and oxytetracyc ...
- Birsoy, Kıvanç; Soukas, Alexander; Torrens, Javier; Ceccarini, Giovanni; Montez, Jason; Maffei, Margherita; Cohen, Paul; Fayzikhodjaeva, Gulnorakhon; Viale, Agnes; Socci, Nicholas D.; Friedman, Jeffrey M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.35 pp. 12985-12990
- recombinant DNA, etc ; adipocytes; carbohydrate metabolism; leptin; glycogen; luciferase; glycerol; triacylglycerols; weight loss; biochemical pathways; gene expression; acetyl coenzyme A; lipogenesis; adipose tissue; transgenic animals; reporter genes; mice; promoter regions; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The cellular program responsible for the restoration of adipose tissue mass after weight loss is largely uncharacterized. Leptin mRNA levels are highly correlated with adipose tissue mass, and leptin expression can thus be used as a surrogate for changes in the amount of adipose tissue. To further study the responses of adipocytes to changes in weight, we created a transgenic mouse expressing the ...
- PubMed Central: