Jump to Main Content
- Birsoy, Kıvanç; Soukas, Alexander; Torrens, Javier; Ceccarini, Giovanni; Montez, Jason; Maffei, Margherita; Cohen, Paul; Fayzikhodjaeva, Gulnorakhon; Viale, Agnes; Socci, Nicholas D.; Friedman, Jeffrey M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.35 pp. 12985-12990
- recombinant DNA, etc ; leptin; regulatory sequences; promoter regions; reporter genes; luciferase; gene expression; weight loss; adipocytes; glycogen; carbohydrate metabolism; biochemical pathways; lipogenesis; triacylglycerols; glycerol; acetyl coenzyme A; adipose tissue; transgenic animals; mice; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The cellular program responsible for the restoration of adipose tissue mass after weight loss is largely uncharacterized. Leptin mRNA levels are highly correlated with adipose tissue mass, and leptin expression can thus be used as a surrogate for changes in the amount of adipose tissue. To further study the responses of adipocytes to changes in weight, we created a transgenic mouse expressing the ...
- PubMed Central:
- Virolainen, Nina E.; Pikkemaat, Mariel G.; Elferink, J.W. Alexander; Karp, Matti T.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2008 v.56 no.23 pp. 11065-11070
- recombinant DNA, etc ; chicken meat; food contamination; antibiotic residues; tetracyclines; tetracycline; doxycycline; chlortetracycline; oxytetracycline; biosensors; bioluminescence; Escherichia coli; luciferase; reporter genes; promoter regions; rapid methods; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Tetracycline (TC) specific luminescent bacterial biosensors were used in a rapid TC residue assay sensitized to meet the EU maximum residue limit (MRL) for TC residues in poultry muscle tissue (100 μg kg-1) by membrane-permeabilizing and chelating agents polymyxin B and EDTA. Sensitivities of 5 ng g-1 for doxycycline, 7.5 ng g-1 for chlortetracycline, and 25 ng g-1 for tetracycline and oxytetracyc ...