Jump to Main Content
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2008 v.69 no.1 pp. 252-257
- galactans; glycosidic linkages; monosaccharides; methylation; Pleurotus djamor; Pleurotus eryngii; spectral analysis; mushrooms
- ... Indistinguishable partially 3-O-methylated galactans were isolated from the edible basidiomycetes Pleurotus eryngii and Pleurotus ostreatoroseus. They were obtained via successive aqueous extraction, freeze-thawing, precipitation with Fehling solution of soluble material, and ultrafiltration. Mono- and bidimensional 13C and 1H-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (HMBC, HETEROTOCSY, COSY, and H ...
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2008 v.72 no.3 pp. 473-478
- water solubility; chemical composition; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; methylation; Ganoderma; spectral analysis; molecular weight; beta-glucans; fruiting bodies; chemical structure; fungi
- ... An unusual water-soluble glucan was isolated from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma resinaceum following alkaline extraction. Its structure was determined using NMR spectroscopy (13C, 1H, and 1H (obs.), 13C HMQC), methylation analysis, and controlled Smith degradation. It was a highly branched β-d-glucan containing a (1 to 3)-linked β-d-glucopyranosyl main chain, partially substituted at O-6, princ ...