Jump to Main Content
- Spolek, Graig
- Urban ecosystems 2008 v.11 no.4 pp. 349-359
- design for environment, etc ; buildings; ecosystems; energy; energy conservation; flowmeters; green roofs; heat transfer; leadership; monitoring; rain; rain gauges; seasonal variation; stormwater; summer; temperature; urban areas; winter; Oregon; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Ecoroofs, also known as green roofs, are becoming widely installed with relatively little data collected on their in situ performance. For this study, three large ecoroof portions (280-500 m²) located on two different buildings in Portland, OR, USA were instrumented and monitored continuously for more almost 3 years. For the Broadway Building, a student dormitory on the campus of Portland State Un ...
- Mitchell, Patrick J.; Veneklaas, Erik J.; Lambers, Hans; Burgess, Stephen S. O.
- Oecologia 2008 v.158 no.3 pp. 385-397
- design for environment, etc ; agroecosystems; correlation; embolism; shrubs; stems; plant communities; wood density; water use efficiency; leaf area; leaf water potential; trees; summer; multivariate analysis; land degradation; hydraulic conductivity; Australia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Assessing the hydrological imbalance and associated land degradation issues facing much of southern Australia and other parts of the world requires a better understanding of the defining features of ecosystem water use and the design of sustainable agroecosystems. Thus, by grouping species with similar water-use strategies into ‘hydraulic functional types’ (HFTs), we investigated the characteristi ...