Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2008 v.22 no.6 pp. 979-988
- potato starch; Solanum tuberosum; chemical structure; thermal properties; viscoelasticity; cultivars; starch granules; amylopectin; pasting properties; cooking; cooling; heat treatment; cooking quality; gelatinization; temperature; viscosity; starch gels; physicochemical properties
- ... The starches separated from different Indian potato cultivars (Kufri Sindhuri, Kufri Jyoti, Kufri Pukhraj, Kufri Chipsona-1, Kufri Chipsona-2, Kufri Bahar and Kufri Chandermukhi) were evaluated for granule size, amylopectin structure, thermal and pasting properties. The changes in viscoelastic properties of cooked starch pastes during cooling and heating were also evaluated using a dynamic rheomet ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2008 v.108 no.1 pp. 130-139
- lipid content; proteins; cultivars; starch granules; thermal properties; amylose; wheat; water stress; Triticum aestivum; pasting properties; seed development
- ... The effect of water stress (WS) at 8 and 15days post anthesis (DPA) on the characteristics of starch and protein separated from C-306, HD-2329, PBW-175, PBW-343 and NI-5439 wheat varieties was studied. WS-induced changes in A-, B- and C-type granules distribution were variety- and stage-dependent. A-type granules increased in response to WS at both stages in all varieties, the extent of increase b ...