Jump to Main Content
- Dette, Holger; Volgushev, Stanislav
- Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 2008 v.70 no.3 pp. 609-627
- normal distribution, etc ; regression analysis; variance; Show all 3 Subjects
- ... Since the introduction by Koenker and Bassett, quantile regression has become increasingly important in many applications. However, many non-parametric conditional quantile estimates yield crossing quantile curves (calculated for various p [set membership] (0, 1)). We propose a new non-parametric estimate of conditional quantiles that avoids this problem. The method uses an initial estimate of the ...
- Taylor, Jay; Stubley, G.D.; Ren, Carolyn L.
- Electrophoresis 2008 v.29 no.14 pp. 2953-2959
- normal distribution, etc ; crosslinking; electrophoresis; fluorescein; streams; variance; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... This study aims to develop an experimental method for determining the focused-sample stream width in microfluidic chips. The focused-sample stream width in the junction of a cross-linked microchannel is determined by the distance between the two streamlines dividing the focusing sheath streams and the sample stream, which should be insensitive to the sample properties. However, the commonly used F ...