Jump to Main Content
- Bestelmeyer, Brandon T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Rangelands 2008 v.30 no.4 pp. 16
- rangelands; problem solving; ecosystems; plant communities; spatial distribution; temporal variation; soil-plant interactions; community ecology; range management; United States
A symposium was organized at the 2007 Annual SRM meeting in Reno, Nevada, where two important concepts emerged from the presentations and discussions. First, the ecological concepts and assumptions that underlie the development and implementation of Ecological Site Descriptions (ESDs), revised version of the National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) "National Range and Pasture Handbook". Sec ...
- Bestelmeyer, Brandon T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Rangelands 2008 v.30 no.4 pp. 25
- range management; rangelands; land management; soil degradation; soil quality; environmental factors; overgrazing; land use; forage; sustainable agriculture; Mongolia
Mongolia, the least-densely populated country in the world, is one of the smallest economy with a per capita gross national product (GNP) of less than US$500. About 800,000 of the country's 2.5M people depend directly on livestock production and rangelands for livelihood. However, the country's rangelands are primarily grass-dominated and arid to semiarid. It has increased the concern about the s ...