Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Yan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2008 v.36 no.suppl_1 pp. D83
- DNA; Internet; binding sites; databases; genes; genetic polymorphism; genomics; histones; methylation; prediction; regulatory sequences; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; user interface; vertebrates
- ... Recent studies on transcriptional control of gene expression have pinpointed the importance of long-range interactions and three-dimensional organization of chromatins within the nucleus. Distal regulatory elements such as enhancers may activate transcription over long distances; hence, their action must be restricted within appropriate boundaries to prevent illegitimate activation of non-target g ...
- Cui, Yan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.358 no.1-2 pp. 134-143
- rain; infiltration (hydrology); deserts; dunes; dune sand; dune soils; land restoration; vegetation; roots; water uptake; evapotranspiration; wetting front; soil water; shrubs; China
- ... Rainfall, the dominant source of water replenishment in the semi-arid sand dune area of north-western China, plays an important role in sustaining the desert ecosystem. An experiment to measure water balance associated with infiltration events was conducted on the re-vegetated sand dunes in the Tengger Desert, north-western China. The redistribution of infiltrated moisture in the course of percola ...