Jump to Main Content
- Doerge, D.R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2008 v.46 no.1 pp. 310-320
- in vivo studies; dose response; Glycyrrhiza glabra; Actaea racemosa; herbal medicines; ovariectomy; mice; estrogenic properties; animal models; in vitro studies; extracts; cell lines; dietary supplements; cell proliferation; roots; females; breast neoplasms
- Doerge, D.R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2008 v.56 no.15 pp. 6031-6038
- humans; risk assessment; acrylamides; pharmacokinetics; dietary exposure; simulation models; foods; food contamination; public health; neurotoxicity; carcinogens; food consumption; dosage; biomarkers; neoplasms; rodents; animal models; United States
- ... The discovery of acrylamide (AA) in many common cooked starchy foods has presented significant challenges to toxicologists, food scientists, and national regulatory and public health organizations because of the potential for producing neurotoxicity and cancer. This paper reviews some of the underlying experimental bases for AA toxicity and earlier risk assessments. Then, dietary exposure modeling ...