Jump to Main Content
- Patra, R.C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2008 v.85 no.1 pp. 120-124
- erythrocytes; antioxidant activity; lipid peroxidation; peroxides; iron; zinc; dietary minerals; copper; chemical concentration; blood chemistry; dogs; Babesia gibsoni; babesiosis; dog diseases; oxidative stress
- ... Babesiosis is a common tick borne disease of dogs in tropical and subtropical regions of the world caused by different species of Babesia. The present study aimed to examine erythrocyte lipid peroxide and erythrocytic antioxidant levels in dogs with clinical babesiosis, caused by Babesia gibsoni, and impact of the disease on blood iron, zinc and copper levels. The study was conducted on 10 natural ...
- Patra, R.C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2008 v.404 no.1 pp. 36-43
- milk; trace elements; toxic substances; heavy metals; blood; pollutants
- ... The present investigation was carried out to assess the trace mineral profile of milk from lactating cows reared around different industrial units and to examine the effect of blood and milk concentration of lead and cadmium on copper, cobalt, zinc and iron levels in milk. Respective blood and milk samples were collected from a total of 201 apparently healthy lactating cows above 3 years of age in ...
- Patra, R.C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Pharmaceutical biology 2008 v.46 no.3 pp. 171-179
- Peste-des-petits-ruminants virus; vertebrate viruses; Acacia nilotica; plant extracts; leaves; in vitro studies; antiviral properties; virus replication; cultured cells; cell lines; cytotoxicity; dosage; pathogenicity; dose response; polymerase chain reaction; microbial genetics; gene expression