Jump to Main Content
- Gruber, Simone Lilian; Haddad, Célio Fernando Baptista; Kasahara, Sanae
- Genetica 2007 v.130 no.3 pp. 281-291
- Hypsiboas; chromosome banding; chromosome number; chromosomes; differential staining; diploidy; evolution; frogs; karyotyping; Brazil
- ... The chromosomes of hylids Hypsiboas albopunctatus, H. raniceps, and H. crepitans from Brazil were analyzed with standard and differential staining techniques. The former species presented 2n = 22 and 2n = 23 karyotypes, the odd diploid number is due to the presence of an extra element interpreted as B chromosome. Although morphologically very similar to the small-sized chromosomes of the A complem ...
- Lemos, L.S.; Santos, A.S. de O. dos; Vieira-da-Motta, O.; Texeira, G.N.; Carvalho, E.C.Q. de
- Veterinary microbiology 2007 v.125 no.3-4 pp. 350-354
- sheep; sheep diseases; respiratory tract diseases; mycoses; Cryptococcus neoformans; disease detection; case studies; epidemiological studies; pathogen identification; lungs; tissue analysis; cryopreservation; histopathology; yeasts; epithelium; viability; microscopy; differential staining; in vitro culture; risk assessment; disease transmission; zoonoses; Brazil
- ... Cryptococcosis is considered a zoonosis but is rare in stock animals. In humans it is imputed to be a mortality cause in immunocompromised patients. This case study reports the anatomopathology of respiratory cryptococcosis in ovine and the recuperation and identification of Cryptococcus neoformans var. neoformans from 1-year frozen lung tissue sample. The findings from haematoxylin/eosin staining ...