Jump to Main Content
- Denison, Amy M.; Massung, Robert F.; Thompson, Herbert A.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 102-107
- ABC transporters; Coxiella burnetii; DNA; RNA; antibodies; biosynthesis; fluorescent antibody technique; genes; mutation; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; sugars; Ohio
- ... The O-antigen-encoding region in the genomes of 14 isolates of Coxiella burnetii was examined by PCR. Five phase I isolates (Nine Mile clone 7, KAV, Ohio, Henzerling RSA 343, Q173) were analyzed and no deletions were detected. Two other isolates of unknown phase (Scottish, WAV) were examined, but no deletions were detected. In contrast, RSA 514 and three phase II isolates (Nine Mile phase II clone ...
- Keating, David H.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 23-29
- transcription factors; biosynthesis; lipopolysaccharides; symbiosis; cations; Ensifer meliloti; alfalfa; transcription (genetics); genes; mutants; gene expression regulation; culture media
- ... The Sinorhizobium meliloti lpsS gene encodes a sulfotransferase that modifies lipopolysaccharide. Mutants lacking lpsS display no defect in lipopolysaccharide sulfation when assayed under laboratory conditions, but exhibit an abnormal symbiosis with alfalfa. These results suggest that lpsS is transcriptionally repressed under laboratory conditions, but upregulated during symbiosis. Here, it is sho ...