Jump to Main Content
- Giddey, Karin; Favre, Bertrand; Quadroni, Manfredo; Monod, Michel
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 95-101
- Trichophyton equinum; culture filtrates; culture media; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; habitats; humans; keratinophilic fungi; mycoses; proteins; ribosomal DNA; secretion; sequence analysis; subtilisin
- ... Dermatophytes are the most common infectious agents responsible for superficial mycosis in humans and animals. Various species in this group of fungi show overlapping characteristics. We investigated the possibility that closely related dermatophyte species with different behaviours secrete distinct proteins when grown in the same culture medium. Protein patterns from culture filtrates of several ...
- Keating, David H.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 23-29
- transcription factors; biosynthesis; lipopolysaccharides; symbiosis; cations; Ensifer meliloti; alfalfa; transcription (genetics); genes; mutants; gene expression regulation; culture media
- ... The Sinorhizobium meliloti lpsS gene encodes a sulfotransferase that modifies lipopolysaccharide. Mutants lacking lpsS display no defect in lipopolysaccharide sulfation when assayed under laboratory conditions, but exhibit an abnormal symbiosis with alfalfa. These results suggest that lpsS is transcriptionally repressed under laboratory conditions, but upregulated during symbiosis. Here, it is sho ...