Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Chuang-lin; Bao, Chao; Huang, Jin-chuan
- Water resources management 2007 v.21 no.9 pp. 1613-1633
- normal distribution, etc ; case studies; models; natural selection; poverty; socioeconomic development; socioeconomics; sustainable development; urbanization; water conservation; water supply; watersheds; China; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... As water has become the shortest resources in arid, semi-arid and rapid urbanization areas when the water resources utilization has approached or exceeded its threshold, water resources system slows down the socio-economic growth rate and destroys the projected targets to eradicate poverty and realize sustainable development. We put forward the concept of Water Resources Constraint Force (WRCF) an ...
- Xu, Yuqing; Li, Linghao; Wang, Qibing; Chen, Quansheng; Cheng, Weixin
- Plant and soil 2007 v.300 no.1-2 pp. 289-300
- normal distribution, etc ; ammonification; biogeochemical cycles; ecosystems; energy flow; field experimentation; grazing intensity; growing season; mineralization; nitrification; nitrogen; sheep; soil water; steppes; temperature; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Ungulate grazing is known to play a crucial role in regulating energy flow and nutrient cycling in grassland ecosystems. However, previous studies of the effect of grazing on soil N dynamics have showed controversial results. Some studies indicate that grazing stimulates N mineralization while others report that grazing suppresses N mineralization. In order to reconcile these contrasting results, ...