Jump to Main Content
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England
- Halpin, Claire; Thain, Simon C.; Tilston, Emma L.; Guiney, Emma; Lapierre, Catherine; Hopkins, David W.
- Tree genetics & genomes 2007 v.3 no.2 pp. 101-110
- Populus; agronomic traits; biosynthesis; cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase; environmental impact; field experimentation; genetic engineering; lignin; pathogens; phytophagous insects; roots; soil microorganisms; tobacco; transgenes; transgenic plants; trees; England; France
- ... Few experiments have yet been performed to explore the potential ecological impacts of genetic modification in long-lifespan species such as trees. In this paper, we review the available data on GM trees with modified lignin focussing on the results of the first long-term field trials of such trees. These trials evaluated poplars expressing antisense transgenes to reduce the expression of the lign ...