Jump to Main Content
- Kiarie, E.; Nyachoti, C.M.; Slominski, B.A.; Blank, G.
- Journal of animal science 2007 v.85 no.11 pp. 2982-2993
- piglets; piglet feeding, etc ; weanlings; feed supplements; linseed meal; enzymes; enzyme activity; intestinal microorganisms; microbial activity; feed conversion; viscosity; digestibility; Lactobacillus; nutrient intake; digestible energy; crude protein; amino acids; feed intake; body weight; blood chemistry; urea nitrogen; digesta; ammonia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The effects of ground flaxseed (FS) and a multicarbohydrase enzyme (C) supplement on piglet performance, gastrointestinal microbial activity, and nutrient digestibility were investigated in a 28-d trial. The enzyme supplement provided 500 units of pectinase, 50 units of cellulase, 400 units of mannanase, 1,200 units of xylanase, 450 units of glucanase, and 45 units of galactanase per kilogram of d ...
- Walsh, M.C.; Saddoris, K.L.; Sholly, D.M.; Hinson, R.B.; Sutton, A.L.; Applegate, T.J.; Richert, B.T.; Radcliffe, J.S.
- Livestock science 2007 v.108 no.1-3 pp. 254-257
- piglets, etc ; duodenum; weanlings; ileum; antibiotics; body weight; histology; intestinal crypts; medicated feeds; weaning; liveweight gain; probiotics; feed intake; digestive system diseases; villi; feed supplements; Show all 16 Subjects
- Kojima, C.J.; Carroll, J.A.; Matteri, R.L.; Touchette, K.J.; Allee, G.L.
- Journal of animal science 2007 v.85 no.9 pp. 2133
- piglet feeding, etc ; swine; feed intake; weaning; weaning weight; weanlings; animal growth; gene expression; gene expression regulation; appetite; hypothalamus; adipose tissue; feed supplements; blood plasma; neuropeptide Y; messenger RNA; leptin; receptors; pro-opiomelanocortin; body weight; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... A depression in feed intake and growth often occurs in the weaned pig. Spray-dried plasma is often added to nursery diets in an attempt to stimulate feed intake during this lag. The current study evaluated gene expression of appetite regulators in hypothalamus and adipose tissue 4 d after weaning. Barrows (2 wk of age) were cross-fostered to a sow (SOW, n = 8) or weaned and fed a nursery diet cont ...