Jump to Main Content
- Reinaerts, E.; Nooijer, J. de; Candel, M.; Vries, N. de
- Public health nutrition 2007 v.10 no.9 pp. 939-947
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; community nutrition programs; questionnaires; school children; nutritional intervention; nutrition education; parents; food choices; vegetables; diet recall; child nutrition; Show all 11 Subjects
- Oakes, M.E.; Sullivan, K.; Slotterback, C.S.
- Food quality and preference 2007 v.18 no.5 pp. 713-719
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; food beliefs; food choices; child nutrition; school children; young adults; energy content; weight gain; obesity; stereotyped behavior; health claims; lipid content; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Previous research has shown that foods often have reputations for weight gain that are not reflected in their calorie content. Categorical (good versus bad) beliefs concerning the weight-gain potential of foods have been shown in adults of all ages but have yet to be examined in children. In the present study, judgments of the weight-gain potential of common “healthy” and “unhealthy” foods were as ...
- Kicklighter, J.R.; Whitley, D.M.; Kelley, S.J.; Shipskie, S.M.; Taube, J.L.; Berry, R.C.
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2007 v.107 no.7 pp. 1210-1213
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; elderly; education programs; urban areas; elderly nutrition; traditional foods; parenting; child nutrition; community nutrition programs; family resource management; nutrition education; physical activity; children; family support; foodways; family structure; African Americans; grandparents; food choices; United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... This pilot study explored the impact of an educational program on nutrition and physical activity knowledge of urban African-American grandparents raising their grandchildren. The program was integrated into a community-based intervention, Project Healthy Grandparents, and was implemented during the first 15 minutes of 10 grandparent support groups and parenting classes. Subjects included 22 grand ...