Jump to Main Content
- Haeussler, Susanne; Wagner, Anna; Welter, Harald; Claus, Rolf
- Reproduction 2007 v.133 no.1 pp. 323-330
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Leydig cells; Sertoli cells; blood plasma; estrogens; fetal development; fetus; follicle-stimulating hormone; gene expression; immunocytochemistry; jugular vein; luteinizing hormone; messenger RNA; mitosis; neonates; pregnancy; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; swine; testosterone; unspecific monooxygenase; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Male pig fetuses secrete considerable amounts of estrogens, but the location of aromatase activity within the fetal testis is not known. The location of aromatase expression was investigated by immunocytochemistry in fetal testes from week 6 (n = 5), weeks 10, 13, and 15 (each: n = 6) of gestation and additionally in neonates (n = 4). Blood was sampled from the umbilical artery of fetuses and jugu ...
- Bleul, U.; Lejeune, B.; Schwantag, S.; Kähn, W.
- Theriogenology 2007 v.67 no.6 pp. 1123-1133
- umbilical arteries, etc ; cattle; fetus; blood flow; measurement; umbilical veins; ultrasonography; transducers (equipment); blood pH; uterus; muscle contraction; calving; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The vitality of the bovine fetus during parturition depends on an intact umbilical circulation to supply adequate amounts of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus. The goal of the present study was to measure the blood flow in the umbilical vessels during stage II of labor and to determine when blood flow ceases in the umbilical cord. In 20 cows, ultrasonographic transducers were placed on one umbilic ...