Jump to Main Content
- Misra, Shikha; Wu, Yuliang; Venkataraman, Gayatri; Sopory, Sudhir K.; Tuteja, Narendra
- Plant journal 2007 v.51 no.4 pp. 656-669
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; G-proteins; Pisum sativum; complementary DNA; germination; guanosinetriphosphatase; heat; heat stress; heat tolerance; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; peas; phospholipase C; protein-protein interactions; recombinant proteins; salinity; salt tolerance; seedlings; seeds; signal transduction; sodium chloride; stress tolerance; tobacco; transgenic plants; two hybrid system techniques; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Heterotrimeric G-proteins transduce signals from activated G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) to appropriate downstream effectors and thereby play an important role in signaling. A role of G-proteins in salinity and heat stress tolerance has not heretofore been described. We report isolation of cDNAs of two isoforms of Gα (Gα1, 1152 bp; Gα2, 1152 bp), one Gβ (1134 bp), two isoforms of Gγ (Gγ1, 345 ...
- Lutz, Susanne; Shankaranarayanan, Aruna; Coco, Cassandra; Ridilla, Marc; Nance, Mark R.; Vettel, Christiane; Baltus, Doris; Evelyn, Chris R.; Neubig, Richard R.; Wieland, Thomas; Tesmer, John J.G.
- Science 2007 v.318 no.5858 pp. 1923-1927
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; G-proteins; crystal structure; guanine nucleotide exchange factors; pleckstrin; signal transduction; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The guanine nucleotide exchange factor p63RhoGEF is an effector of the heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding protein (G protein) Gαq and thereby links Gαq-coupled receptors (GPCRs) to the activation of the small-molecular-weight G protein RhoA. We determined the crystal structure of the Gαq-p63RhoGEF-RhoA complex, detailing the interactions of Gαq with the Dbl and pleckstrin homology (DH and P ...